Saturday, 19 August 2017

Nature Collaboration - changed tack

I've changed my mind about what to do. The above is a cropped image of an accordian book of six A6 pages. The eco-printing turned out unsatisfactory. I've written several haiku, all to do with nature, that will go in - still to do. I'm about halfway, considering the covers still have to be made. 

Friday, 4 August 2017

Apologies

I started a project with a deadline of the end of August and didn’t realise just how much time it would take. The knock on effect is that my book for this collaboration will be late. I hope to get it done by the end of September/ middle of October.  Just thought I’d  let people know.

This image is from the time consuming thing.

Tuesday, 1 August 2017

Nature, experimentation



Two samples of explorations into the theme of Nature. Eco-printing is involved. I cheated and added modge podge, a glue used for decoupage, to adhere actual leaves as I was dissatisfied with the first outcome. Text will be added.

Thursday, 29 June 2017

Playing with ideas

I've been experimenting with different techniques for a different project. One of the techniques was making a collagraph plate using impressions in plaster. It doesn't work for the original project but I think I may have found a way into 'Nature'

Single colour
visciosity inking
offset from the roller when viscosity inking
 smaller pieces laid on the plate
 and offset

Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Adding Pictures to Blog

Where the arrow is is the button to press to add images to your blog.  You cannot add images to the discussion. 

Saturday, 10 June 2017

3.0 # 19 (Nature)

The original painting which has been cut into 8 books - they are a little longer than usual.  Based on 'cant see the wood for the trees'.

Books cut.